Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Keurig Kcup Kuick Review



We are all busy,  that is why we choose to use a Keurig brewer in the first place.  We don't have time to read long drawn out descriptions of K-cups using strange coffee snob terms that we don't understand.  We are here to offer you quick reviews of Keurig K-cup coffees that will actually tell you what the coffee or tea tastes like so you can find you favorite or a new K-cup coffee to add to your collection.   Have we made purchasing Keurig K-cup coffees easy or what?!

Ready? Let's get started.

Up this week... Twinings Winter Spice and Christmas Black Keurig Kcup Tea.



I chose to review both teas at once since they are along the same genre and are both only available for a limited time.  I want to help you decide which one to choose (maybe both!) by comparing and contrasting these two very different teas. The differences are apparent right away in the mug:


Christmas tea is a black Ceylon tea resulting in a dark rich appearance that would be great with a dash of cream.  Every time I have brewed this blend there has been a foamy layer on the top in my mug,  I don't know if this is good or bad but,  I personally enjoyed it. 

In comparison, Winter Spice is a Camomile producing a translucent golden tea,  this is the kind of tea that I would love to relax with on a cold, winter evening.  

I was so intrigued with the difference in these teas I decided to take a look inside the Kcups:


As you would imagine the Christmas Black Keurig Kcup tea is a fine dark tea,  with natural cinnamon and clove flavors that I could smell immediately when I removed the foil top. The Winter Spice has a grassier appearance with subtle apple flavoring highlighted by cinnamon, cloves and cardamom.  

In summary, I would describe Christmas Keurig Kcup Tea as a mild black tea with hints of spice.  I would drink this as a breakfast or mid morning tea with a dash of cream.

Winter Spice Keurig Kcup tea is a true Camomile minus any flowery taste.  Rather it has a very mild apple pie aroma and taste.  I have developed a habit of drinking this as a comfort tea to wind down after a stressful day.









No comments:

Post a Comment